Sunday, November 27, 2005

hay ho

just wanted to tell everyone what a fab weekend I had, well mostly. I didn't get an interview at Oxford, yes, 85% of applicants that apply get an interview, and I was one of the 15%, how embarrasing, but on the good side, that was the only terrible thing that happened to me all weeekend, and now I can go to Leicester on the 7th of Decmber instead (a university more at my "real" level). Anyway... had fun on Saturday at Colemans, although Lucy wasn't there as she was in the Peak district, but we had Debbie and she's really nice, so the day went by quickly, we did all our jobs and chatted. At last the ladies know that I am back with Nick, I didn't know how to tell them, but I had to ask for Sunday off so that I could go to the theatre with him! So, after work, went home, found out about Oxford, and then went to Nick's (mum drove!), and realised I had left the tickets at my house, told Nick, he rang the theatre and it turned out that it started at seven anyway, not seven thirty, so his mum gave us a lift. We were just in time, we had gone to see the Jungle Book, and unfortunately, the mean age of the audience was seven. I was in a really bad mood due to Oxford, and so I wasn't really in the mood to laugh along with many small children, and the first half passed without revelation. Anyway, then in the opening of the second half Nick jumped two inches out of his chair when the "baddie" came on, it was so funny, it was so obvious where he was coming on from and at what time, even I didn't jump! I haven never laughed so much, and after that the rest of the performance was humerous. The songs were the best, they kept repeating a single line in each one, and the tunes were really mournful, with obvious rhymes, apart form the last song (talk about saving the best till last!), which was just fantastic (suddenly). Anyway, it finished, and it was really cold, so Nick's mum came nad picked us up. We went back to Nick's had take away pizza and watched family guy and American Dad! lol, We had no rehearsal in the mornign as Mr B. is also in the Peak District so we did not do much all afternoon and then went Christmas shopping after lunch. A perfect day.

Came home, cooked dinner for the family, we ate, mum bought jaffa cakes as a special treat (we don't have biscuits in the house), and Andrena has come up with a brill idea of a Christmas holiday! It's all good!

No comments: