Thursday, November 3, 2005

and on... in happy bliss

Had a nice day today, well mostly. At school John Bell came to talk, he is a famous Christian speaker from an Ionian community, the RE students, including myself went and heard him periods three and four, and then there was a big lecture 5 and 6. The Lecture three and four was really good; it was about miracles, and he talked about the feeding of the five thousand, and how it wasn't a miracle as that Jesus 'magic-ed' the extra food, but when the rest of the audience saw a small boy bring what he had, then they all got what they had brought as well. It was really teaching us that the miracle was not physical, but instead that the example of one small boy could change a large group of people. I have realised lately that I have been quite harsh to everyone and very to the point, easily frustrated with people and quick to judge. However, I guess I realised that i should be much gentler to everyone, and that i should be alot more generous, and to be too hasty is a shortcoming indeed, and so I am trying to stop, whether it will hold good is another matter I suppose.

When John Bell held the lecture in 5+6 I was hoping to be given some profound message as well, but I couldn't hear it very well, as almost the entire sixth form did not find the lecture necessary and so began talking among themselves! It was so rude, I just couldn't believe it, half the problem was that we had to sit on the floor so that there was enough room for everybody and so it meant that it was very uncomfortable after ten minutes, but it was just so terrible, there were people that were lying across the floor!

Apart from that I had fun, at lunch we had the first debate club for the year, which was fun, we did 'survival of the fittest, or everyone helping each other', which is the best, we discussed and it was nice to get back into it.

Had a free 7+8 and Nick had one p.8 and so we went to his early, which was nice, I left on the ten past five, and so i feel as though I have been home for ages. I had salmon for tea which was very nice, and at the moment have a large craving for a microwaveable steamed toffee pudding thing, strange i know, but they are surprisingly very nice, i would recommend one if you haven't tried one, i would expect the vast majority of people not to have tried one!

Got my Ally McBeal DVD's in the post today (bought them from e-bay), and so I got home and watched a couple of episodes of that, it was really fun, lol, I realise how rubbish it is, but still find it way too entertaining, lol.

Anyway, having fun! lol, apart from with several people still trying to persuade me that NIck and me shoudln't be going out, as if by them talking to me I'm suddenly going to turn around to NIck and say 'You know I think those people are right, we shouldn't be going out, well see you around', its not going to happen, and really, i dont want it to, so i wish they would stop trying to persuade me, by all means they should tell me there opinion, but after the first five minutes, they should just stop!

No comments: