Monday, September 25, 2006

well i made it!

I'm here in Cardiff and having a brill time. Err, but first things first; I think I blogged on Friday? so I will begin from late Fri. We went for a meal at Pizza Express in Stamford; me, Nick, Mum, Jenn and Scott (cool American my mum is dating) (and before you say anything Jenn didn't mind the fact that me and mum had dates and she didn't, she shared Nick!) It was a really nice meal, and there were loads of photos and mum gave me a ring (as in jewellery) that she had made as a leaving present, it was really goregous and nice. We left quite early (11:00) and just went home to bed after we'd taken Nick home, as we had to be up at 5:30 tomz morning. I drove, as of yet (and probably for a while) I haven't driven alone, and I really wanted to.

In the morning we woke up not too late, and then left at about 6:40, instead of 6:00, however, the traffic was brill and we made it to Cardiff in three and a half hours. Took half an hour to find my halls, but I did, and unpacked, went out for a disastrous lunch with my mum (the paninis were rubbish). Then came back, mum left I unpcked and then met people in the kitchen. I am in the tower, which has 9 floors, and i am on floor 3, and there are 9 people on a floor, although there are ten rooms... Anyway, everyone on my floor is erally nice, err, we are all girls and at the moment there are eight of us (we don't know whether its an empty room the other, or whether the person is just late (they should have arrived yesterday). I could give you a brief description of everyone, but will do so as stories unravel. We (as a floor) have also made friends with a few people on fourth floor, a couple on second floor, and a few on eighth floor. Everyone is really friendly, and I cannot say that i have met anyone that I wouldn't want to talk to etc.

The first night was a bit rubbish, me and this other girl called Rosie, who looks startlingly like Sarah Ainslie went out in Cardiff, we were aiming for the SU freshers party, but it was sold out, so we wandred into a few places, not doing much (although it took about 4 hours), and by midnight we were both so knackered (we'd both got up at half five that morning), that we went home, but we walked, and our halls, we worked out, are three miles from the city centre, so we were knackered, etc.

Yesterday, Sunday, we didn't do much during the day, I went with Chris (Saunders), who is on the fourth floor(!) to buy tickets for the fratellis, Jack and Ed are coming down from Bath, and we are all going to go on the 13th of October. However, there was no advertising for the gig and so although I knew I hadn't made it up, I still felt worried. We had to queue an hour for them, as everyone was queueing for tickets for another freshers party. However, that was the least of our worries, it was the hour walk there and back that took it out of us, and I was knackered by the time I got home.

We recovered, and in the evening everyone went to Creation, a club in the centre of Cardiff also holding a Freshers party. I went with Rosie (the girl from the night before) and Nicola and Jenn, who had just come that day. It was a really good night as there was every type of music, well kind of, and so everyone was happy. Btw, I don't dance as wildly in front of strangers, so I didn't scare anyone). The only bad thing was that it was really packed so all the time people were bumping into you, which was really irritating. When we first got there I was surprised at the lack of flirting, everyone just seemed to stay in their own groups, apart from male groups of second years who did the circuit introducing themselves to female groups of freshers. However, at about one (it lasted until three), there was suddenly a change and suddenly sleazy guys were doing what tey could to talk to you. We laughed at them and turned away, I guess it added to our entertainment. Luckily, at the ned of the night we got a Taxi back, and then talked in our kitchen for a bit. Sam and Kerry, who had stayed in (surprisingly they are the most crazy out of us), and had played Ker-plunk, Scrabble and Dream Phone. As I have mentioned most, I'll mention the pther two, Charlie, who has really long hair, and has a car, and Laura, who has very long (but tied up) synthetic dreads of bright blonde and electric blue. She talks about them quite a lot. Err, otehr people who have crossed my path; err, ooh, Sarah Waller is here as well as Chris Saunders, but she's not in tower accomodation. Err, on the fourth floor is a guy called Danny ,who is really Northern and studying Law, he's a bit weird, in a crazy kind of way, and also very loud, but he said that if I needed to I could borrow his A-level Law textooks, which was really sweet (that's why my mum wanted me to go to Leeds, as, apparently everyone is friendly). Err, I know others, but it seems pointless to just list names.

I would have blogged earlier but getting onto the internet was really iffy, I had to run the CD about 10 times, and each time took three hours; really rubbish, but I am here now! Not much to do today; vice president/chancellors speak tonight, and then a gathering at the SU. UNitl then, need to go out and get something for tea, but apart from that pretty laid back, although I have enrolment tomorrow, so can't be too much of a late night.

Hope everyone is having as much fun as I!

No comments: