Sunday, September 17, 2006

phewf

Several things have happened over that last couple of days! I actually have something to talk about for a change. Friday, I started by ringing Sacrewell farm to book camping for my sister's party, however, like all good plans, it went to waste, as Sacrewell farm were having a food and farm festival and therefore there was no space, rang ferry meadows, but there was no space there either, so ended up ringing Northey lodge, on Whittlesey road (never been there), and they had space, so booked that. Then realised that I had to let Jenny know, or it wouldn't happen anyway, but her mobile was off, and she only had one of her friend's mobiles in the family address book, which was also off. Ended up ringing the school and giving her a message that way. Then went to coffee with Jules, Tom, Alex, Mark, Andrena and Mike. (i had invited watkins, but i had only realised that morning that his mob was broken, and so he wouldn't have been able to get the message, i rang his home phone, but he sleeps odd hours, and idn't pick up, i'm not actually quite sure where he is... hasn't been on msn for a while either!)

Anyway, went to coffee, which was to be our last trip with everyone there, as by the time Tom and Jules get back from holiday me, and Alex and Andrena will have already left for uni. It was good, and Nick joined us after a while (he was late as he'd been working), and we just sat and chatted. We all left, and I went to buy things from Waitrose, and Colemans and John Lewis. Then went back to Nick's for five mins before I went to catch my bus, so that i could get home and make flan before I went to the Colemans' leaving meal.

Made flan, which was fun, also made a separate, smaller flan for Nick, who refuses to believe I can cook, however, everyone says my flan is good, so I was willing to take the risk of eternal humilliation, lol. Finished making flan and writing cards for Liz and Joey, got ready and then realised it was already half seven, and i was meant to be there at half seven. By the time I got there, people had just begun there starters, and so i apologised profusely and sat down and ate. The food was wonderful, and after the first two courses Joey stood up and did a speech about us all, it was really brill, and we all got presents, I gave my cards and we all generally had fun and chatted and laughed. Everybody left a bit nippily at the end, me and Greg had to drain our teas to stop us from being left behind. Got home, and then went and picked up Jenny from her music trip at school and I got to drive back! Was fun, and I didn't crash!

Woke up the next morning for my last day at Colemans, Jenny decided she didn't want to go camping anymore as it was too much effort, so it meant that we had to phone everyone who was going to go, bit of a nightmare, but we don't know anyone who actually turned up, so it turned out okay. Walked down with Jenn to colemans, and preceeded to have a good day, taking lots of photos, well, apart from Leanne, who was really sick and surviving on virtually no sleep. When Liz came back at half three she took one look at her and took her home, she was so ill, we think it must have been some kind of food poisoning (hopefully not from the Colemans meal). Apparently Liz says that when they get the new hoover they will christen it Sarah! Bought way too much stationery at the end of the day, and then went home to tidy my room before Nick came. Managed to just about finish. Instead of going camping we took my sister to the Talbot for dinner to celebrate her birthday etc, she took loads of pictures, and we all had fun. Came back, had flan and was so tired that we all went to bed at half ten. Ah, ti was rteally funny (not that funny), quite alte at night, after we had gone to bed I heard a really weird beeping noise, three short beeps, and i was really confused about where it had come from, several possibilities arose in my mind, each of them even more ridiculous that the last, anyway, left it at that and went to sleep. The next morning woke, and after a while went had a shower etc. Glanced at my phone and realised it was my phone that had gone off, and I just had no idea what the message alert sounded like. For so many words, that story wasn't that funny, but nevermind.

Anyway, that just about brings me up to date, walked Nick to the bus stop this morning, as he has a "Pure" band practice, when Nick told Alex on Friday that he was in Pure, Alex stopped stock still, and said in a meaningful tone "do you realise how big this could be?", then she turned to me and repeated her comment, obviously she is quite excited! lol. Anyway, dropped him off, and then Mike texted asking when he could see me this week, I said apart from today I was really busy and so he replied by saying that that didn't matter he could come and see me today. So, its going to be an exciting afternoon...

Tomorrow I am seeing Andrena and Mike, and perhaps Alex and Mark, mostly so that Mike can fit a spare ethernet netword card into my computer, as he is very nice, and suitably knowledgeable, apparently its a piece of cake...? Anyway, will be having a fun week until Saturday/ Sunday when I go... looking forward to it, but i keep reading comments off myspace and msn names which say other people aren't enjoying it as much as they expected... nervous, but ready! lol.

No comments: