Friday, October 6, 2006

hey

Hey everyone, something weird has happened with my computer, and now some text is really large, including this, so if it comes out large to you as well then I apologise. Err, well I have had a wonderful couple of days. Yesterday I went debating, they put on a show debate for us, but wanted four freshers to go on the teams (there are four teams of two, although obviously only two sides, opp1+2 and prop1+2). Anyway, I (as you might imagine) volunteered, so it was really brill, we debated that "this house believes that teenage pregnancy is better than geriatric pregnancy", we were on the side of the teenagers, and with the wonderful giudance of my partner, some crazily good debating guy (I can't even remember his name), we drew according to the audience, and won according to the judges!, lol, to add to the excitement, me and the other fresher girl (there were two girls and two boys), were voted the best speakers, obviously out of the freshers, the 3rd years, were amazing, it was just really fantastic watching them. Anyway, went straight from there to the law social, which was okay but wasn't as good as i thought it would have been, we went to this club, which was quite good but packed, and we left at about half midnight. Today, I had more good news when i went to look at the societeies boards for the auditions. I have had re-calls for 3 of the 4 plays, and the one i didn't get a call back on, was the one i really didn't want to be in. So, I now unfortunately have to get up and to trevithick hall at nine tomorrow so there goes a lie in, but i really want to get into one of these plays, mostly the pantomime, but we shall see what happens.

Also had a careers talk today, am getting worried about the fact i want to be a barrister and its so difficult to become one, apparently you should have all A's for A-level and even if I just cited my 2 A's and a B I am already behind! Never mind, but if anyone knows any barristers who enjoy giving work experience (and lets face it what barrister wouldn't - that was sarcasm), please let me know, apparently, work experience is the what everyone looks for, therefore we need some... anyway, having the most fab time ever... apart from the fact that i am just about to go and trial for the law netball team, i am rubbish, and i don't think that there are going to be any other freshers, but nevermind... anyway, i will tell you how it goes, hope everyone else is having a good as time as me! sary wary woo (soz, in a bit of a strange mood)

No comments: