Thursday, February 23, 2006

23rd of Feb

Hey, again it has been a while, but not very much has changed. lol. Am still plodding on at school, it hasn't been very exciting today, although we were continually teasing Mr B. about his age all drama lesson which was kind of entertaining. Our play is going amazingly well, lol, we are blocking it all, and it is very exciting.

I definitely have cancelled the craft fair now, i e-mailed the enthusiastic woman and she said she wasn't surprised that therer wasn't enough interest in it, she'd tried to do stuff before and there wasn't any interest out there. So atleast she wasn't cross. lol

Half term was good; have I amready written about that? I feel I have, but if not, it was brill, as was valentines day etc. Everybody else has seemed to have a nice time etc

Still no idea what to do for the summer yet, we'll have to get Andrena onto it, hint hint, lol, nah, I'm sure we will think of something.

At the moment I am having a small moral dilema about the play that I am doing as part of my Amateur dramatics group. The problem is that it is really rude, and I am the only girl in it, there is one woman of about sixty, and about five men of atleast forty five, balding and/or fat. The problem should not be with how they look, apart from the fact that I have to flirt with them and find them attractive on stage as part of my character. The script says I have to snog one of them (but I am refusing), and not only do all the men make lurid jokes on stage (as part of the script,) but they make them off the stage as well. I feel like some kind of sexual object and I can definitely see the appeal of being a Muslim women and wearing a hijab, so that men cannot make jokes. I find it really rude, its not as if these men are my age, they are atleast twenty seven years older. So I would really like to quit the play, but they have no one else to play my part (btw, I have to do worse things off stage with them, by the end of the play, I have slept with all of them minus one). So I will continue, but I think I am going to have a word with the director. Its all a bit dodgy, why they wanted to do that paly in the first place is beyond me.

Anyway, enough moral dilemas for now, I will try and write more often here... and keep you updated on what happens!

No comments: